Wednesday 29 September 2010

Inspiration is the key...


So today we had 2 different talks by people from the Industry.
The first was from a guy called Lloyd Scott Tyler, who is the Fashion and Lifestyle Managing Editor for Disorder Magazine. I found this talk so inspiring and slightly intimidating as he was closer to my age than some people in the industry and started his work experience when he was just 16! Amazing, it made me think about what I had done so far and then made me realize I really need to get a move on with my work experience!
Listening to him talk about all that he had done with such enthusiasm made me feel excited and want to really push myself to work as hard as I can to achieve exactly what I want.
Our second talk from was an illustrator called Dan Mumford who works freelance and has designed a whole range of things including album covers for bands such as The Gallows, Deftones and Funeral For A Friend. This got me pretty excited because I am pretty much in love with these bands!
Recently he has started designing his own T-Shirt company and has produced the most amazing designs that I have seen. One I particularly liked was a design that had a sparrow on it, I am seriously considering getting this tattooed on me as I love it so much and have been looking at sparrow designs to get.
Here are some examples of Disorder Magazine and of Dan Mumfords work.












No comments:

Post a Comment